The DOROTHY P. KING CHARITABLE ENDOWMENT FOR DANCE
a component fund of the Community Foundation of Louisville, will provide financial assistance for dance students to attend a summer dance program or dance conservancy. Sophomore and Junior Dancers may contact the YPAS Counseling or Dance Department to apply for this scholarship. Each year in May, the Community Foundation of Louisville will finalize the selection process and announce the scholarship recipient. The scholarship grants will be up to $1000 toward the student's summer dance tuition and fees.
Students who are interested in applying for a scholarship from the Dorothy P. King Charitable Endowment for Dance must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a sophomore or junior YPAS Dance Ensemble Major;
- Applicant must be enrolled in the Dance Ensemble Class and has clearly demonstrated continued improvement in his/her dance technique and dance artistry and has honored all ensemble contract requirements;
- Applicants must have been accepted into a summer dance program or conservatory for the following summer;
- Applicants must have earned all A's or B's in all YPAS Dance Majors Courses;
- Applicants must have an overall 3.25/4.0 Grade Point Average;
- Applicant has demonstrated financial need;
- Applicant displays a passion for dance and a desire to improve;
- Applicant must submit (1) a Letter of Recommendation from a YPAS Dance faculty member and (2) a typed essay describing the applicant's desire, dedication, and potential in dance and how attending the summer dance program will benefit him/her.
- A copy of your letter of acceptance from the summer dance study program or conservancy;
- Documentation of the cost of the summer dance program to which the student has been accepted;
- Documentation of your financial need (parent's income tax return);
- A letter of recommendation from a YPAS dance faculty member;
- A typed essay describing your desire, dedication, and potential in dance and how attending the summer dance program will benefit you as a future artist.